Hover to pause, click blue links...
Contents / "Site Map"
- Photos Deposit: identifying images
- Family etc. History Groups in Suffolk
- Family History Federation
- History of UK Registration/Censuses, and Social/FH data
- National Archives
- Photos-collection Deposit
- Rolls of Honour of the Alde Valley (WWI and WW2)
- Significant dates for family records
- Suffolk Local History Council (SLHC)
- Suffolk Parish Workhouses List
- Suffolk Record Office
- SRO: Burial Grounds transcriptions by Suffolk East WI, 1981
- Suffolk Roll of Honour, 1914-18
- Support our Friends & Advertisers!
- Zeppelin L48, Theberton 1917
- useful, non-local information
- Gravestone cleaning tips
- How to date photographs
- Land Registry Title Numbers
- Parish Registers
- Pronunciation of some surnames
- Shipping passenger lists, etc.
- Chapman codes
- Dropbox Sizewell A
- Videos & podcasts
- Virtual Visit
- Open Day 2019
- Fisherfolk and Lifeboat Men
- Open Day 2018
- Open Day 2017
- Open Day 2016
- In Flanders Fields
- Leiston Abbey 2015
- Open Day March 2015
- Open Day January 2014
- Open Day October 2013
- Open Day January 2013
- Aldringham Baptist Chapel Survey
- Open Day 2012
- Flanders 2011
- St Mary's Benhall MI's 2010
- Research Request Form
- Possible Match of Interests
- Cecil Lay 1964 Anglia TV documentary
- Constitution - Rules
Saxmundham in the '50's ...
ALDE VALLEY SUFFOLK
FAMILY HISTORY GROUP
This website now has a shorter domain name: avsfhg.org.uk
which runs alongside the rather less snappy aldevalleyfamilyhistorygroup.onesuffolk.net !
As is the standard on websites, all blue text can be "clicked" on or tapped
to follow a link; also, here any blue-bordered images act in the same way.
Otherwise, images may have a specific invitation nearby to click on them.
"The Group promotes the collection of records related to family history in the Alde Valley (Suffolk) in particular, but also from a wider area for the use of members. The Committee purchases equipment and other resources as they see fit to enable members to access family history records and databases."
As a Family History Group, it will not only interest members who wish to research their local family history, but also those with a wider interest in the subject, now living in the Alde Valley but whose ancestors are from out of the area, and who want help in tracing their family history elsewhere. We are the only family-history group within quite a large part of Suffolk.
AVSFHG is a member of the Family History Federation (ex-FFHS) and Suffolk Local History Council —
click on either logo for more information: all images edged in blue on this website are links.